Historic Lowell Christmas Festivities and Annual Night-time Santa Parade
“Christmas Around the World”
Saturday December 6
Santa Visits and Pictures on the Lowell Showboat
Wednesdays – 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
December 10 – Adopted by Lowell YMCA
December 17 – Adopted by Addorio Technologies and Arrowhead Gold Course
Digital pictures by Modern Photographics
Saturdays - 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
December 13 – Adopted by Lowell Rotary
December 20 - Adopted by TBA
Digital pictures by River Valley Credit Union
Friday …. A Nite of Christmas Cheer – 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Santa Visits and Pictures by Modern Photographics
Horse & Carriage Rides
Ice Sculpture Carving
Roasted Chestnuts and Hot Dogs
Parade Rules for December 7th
- Per the City of Lowell Police, no objects of any kind, including candy, may be thrown or passed out from the parade units.
- Parade entries may pass out items on the parade route at the roping (on the sidewalk) tied along Main Street.
- Parade entries found throwing will be removed from the parade and may be barred from participation in future parades.
- You must be 16 and have a valid Driver’s License to operate a motor vehicle. No reckless operation of motor vehicles will be allowed.
- Only one Santa in the parade and Santa is provided by the Chamber of Commerce.
- All float entries must provide two (2) float “spotters,” one on each side of the float to reinforce safety features.
- Horse entries are required to scoop their poop!
- We strongly encourage groups and organizations with many participants to car pool instead of bringing several cars to the line-up area.
- Bring flashlights for extra safety.
- Dress for Michigan Weather -- Boots, Hats, Mittens, Hand Warmers and More!
Parade Registration: See map on back for easy arrival!
- Registration will begin at 4:45 PM. Come early and eat a pancake supper with Santa.
- Entries that are being judged must arrive between 4:45-5 PM. Entries must be in assigned line-up no later than 5:00 PM to be eligible for judging. Judging will commence between 5-5:30 PM. If your entry is not there you will not be judged.
- Parade entries enter the fairgrounds at the far South Parade Entrance as marked on map. (boat launch)
- Drop-off point for parade participants will be on Bowes Rd (marked with big orange signs). Please do not plan on parking at the Fire Department.
(Emergency Vehicles must be allowed easy exit in case of emergency.)
- Parade entry parking will be provided at the lot on Bowes Rd. Bowes Road will be enter and exit only. A turnaround will be provided to make your parade experience a pleasure!
- The parade line-up will be on Broadway; the starting point will be close to Ottawa Street.
- All Parade entries will be asked to Angle Park as shown on the map.
- Parade steps off at 6:00 PM Sharp!
- Big units turn right on Jackson and return to the fairgrounds instead of driving back on Main Street
- Horse Units should do a U-turn at Jackson & Main St. to return to fairgrounds via Main St
Broadway north to Main Street, East on Main Street to Jackson Street, North on Jackson where the parade ends with the exception of big units turn South on Jackson.