- Business Insurance An Informative Guide to Small Business
- Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource site from the IRS
- The Bureau of Census provides census information on a wide variety of topics.
- The Federal Marketplace assists businesses in selling products and services to the federal government. Up to date Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and the Internet’s only Active Federal Contracts database.
- Federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) OSHA standards, interpretations, field inspection reference manual, etc.
- The Library of Congress
- Association of Small Business Development Centers in the United States
- U.S. Business Advisor – A good source of information on government regulations in a variety of areas, including Labor, Taxes, Environment, and others.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Information from the SBA and contains a good list of Internet resources for small business.
- The Right Place Program Grand Rapids
- Better Business Bureau (Check Out Business Reliability)
- U.S. Postal Service (Rates & product information)
- U.S. Department of Labor (SIC information)
- “America’s Business Funding Directory” (Locate Business Capital)
Marketing, Management & Planning
- American Marketing Association (Tons of marketing information)
- Grand Valley State University Business Alliance
- National Association for the Self-Employed
- SCORE Counselors to America’s Small Business
- National Business Incubation Association Information on business incubators and a large collection of links.
- The Small Business Association of Michigan is a not for profit, tax-exempt corporation, organized for the exclusive interest and concern of small business in Michigan.
- Dun & Bradstreet Information Services ($20.00 charge to search & receive info on companies)